The immune system of the body plays a defensive role by fighting and eliminating foreign substances and organisms which may cause various diseases. The symptoms of weak immunity are tiredness, insomnia, frequent diarrhea, stress, depression, lethargy, recurring infections and constant fatigue. It may be caused due to certain factors such as inadequate sleep, dietary indiscipline, ultraviolet radiations, surgery, drug therapies, blood transfusion, certain viral and bacterial infections and exposure to chemicals.
Weak Immune System Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for weak immunity which are simple to follow and effective when tried in a proper manner. Some of the popular home remedies for weak immune system are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for weak immunity is to follow a proper diet pattern. Consume diet rich in necessary nutrients such as sprouts, seeds, fruits, beans, vegetables, nuts, total pellet, red peppers, tomatoes, carrots, honeyed potatoes and yam. It is also beneficial to take protein rich diet on regular basis.
2. Mushroom is also considered to be one of the effective home remedies for weak immune system. It has an immune matter which helps in increasing the immunity of the body. It helps in production of white blood cells, removes toxins, increases cellular metabolism and prevent the damage of free radical.
3. Make it a daily habit to exercise. It will reduce the stress, improve blood circulation and boost the immune system.
4. Another effective home remedy is the herb known as astragalus. It protects the liver from toxins and is a very powerful antioxidant. It helps in curing dark circles caused due to the depressed immune system and liver problems. But always remember not to take this herb when there are signs of fever.
5. Consuming yogurt on daily basis can also help in increasing immunity. It contains anti-infection agents which help in fighting diseases such as gastrointestinal infection and cancer.
6. Garlic is also one of the effective home remedies for weak immune system. It has astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. Garlic is known to be very effective in fighting around thirty types of fungi, bacteria and parasites.
7. Goldenseal has anti-bacterial property which cleanses and detoxifies the body and strengthens the immunity.
8. Try to have diet rich in zinc on regular basis. Pork, curd, poultry, milk, oysters and cereals should be consumed in order to boost your immune system.
9. Vitamin C is also very effective in enhancing immune system. It helps in production of lymphocytes and formation of adrenal hormones. Bioflavonoid enhance the absorption of this vitamin. Therefore it is beneficial to take vitamin C with bioflavonoid.
10. Keep your body hydrated by consuming lots of water. Regular dehydration or deficiency of water in body can result into severe damage to immunity.
11. Avoid consuming alcohol as it can cause nutritional deficiency and reduce the white cells ability to kill germs.
12. Bayberry is very effective for colds, sore throat, flu and coughs. It is known to have antibiotic effects.
13. Echinacea enhances lymphatic function and boosts the immunity.
14. Add pearl barley in your diet. It is very effective in increasing immunity.
These were some of the effective home remedies for weak immune system which are cost-effective, simple and safe to use.